Monday, 15 October 2012

50th BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE

I decided my list was rathering boring so have decided to start a new list. This one will list the things I've done that I've always wanted to do as I do them.

1. Stay in Portmeirion Village. Stayed in Chantry 2nd to 6th April 2012
2. Read 'Ulysses' by James Joyce on 16th June. Well I read part of it on 'Bloomsday' but admit I cheated as I listened to it dramatised on radio 4 over the course of a whole day. I will read more of it but I think it will take me rather a long time and I haven't got the willpower to read it in one go.


A 50th Birthday Challenge - 50 things to do between now - my 49th Birthday and the last day of being 50- 21st July 2013.




  1. Go to Wimbledon.
  2. Go to Hampton CourtFlower Show OR Chelsea. Went to Tatton Park for 50th Birthday.
  3. See Shakespeare play at the Globe.
  4. Stay night in London.
  5. Go to Stratford-upon-Avon.
  6. Visit Northern Ireland again.Yes went to Ireland for 2 1/2 weeks!!
  7. Go horseracing and dress up.
  8. Go abroad – Amsterdam/ Venice
  9. Get a new kitchen.
  10. ‘Sort out’ my wedding ring. Bought a new ring after our anniversary
  11. Go on a cruise.
  12. Visit Cornwall.
  13. Go to lands End.
  14. Go to John O’Groats.
  15. Visit Morar.
  16. Stay in Portmeirion. Stayed in Chantry 2nd to 6th April 2012 AND stayed in the Gate House for our anniversary on 1st August 2012
  17. Read ‘Ulysses’ on 16th June.Listened and read but not the whole of it!
  18. Visit Eilean Donan Castle.
  19. Read Pride and Prejudice.
  20. Read Jane Eyre.
  21. Read Wuthering Heights.
  22. Read Tess of the D’Urbervilles.
  23. Read Little Women. Finished 19/8/11
  24. Read Rebecca.
  25. Read Alice in Wonderland.
  26. Read The Secret Garden.
  27. Read Diary of Anne Frank.
  28. Get a new engagement ring OR eternity ring. Got an eternity ring for our 25th Wedding Anniversary.
  29. Finish Family tree cross stich.
  30. Make Silver Wedding cross stitch.
  31. Go to the Giants causeway. Yes TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!
  32. Walk across Carrick-a-Rede Bridge. YES!!!!! Wasn't sick!
  33. Go to the Eden Project.
  34. Go to Nottingham.
  35. Go to Cardiff.
  36. Visit Ballycarry. Yes on an incredibly hot day couldn't find graves listed in inscription book :-(
  37. Visit Larne. Yes found one of the graves but didn't go to other graveyard.
  38. See Blackpool Lights.
  39. Go to Proms.
  40. Go to Durham.
  41. Go to Lincoln.
  42. Visit a Scottish Island.
  43. Go to Minack Theatre.
  44. Go to St Michaels Mount.
  45. Go to Widdecome Fair.
  46. Make counties of England map that I have visit.
  47. Go to Geoff Hamiltons Garden.
  48. Visit Isles of Scilly.
  49. Go to PRONI. Yes had a very long Thursday there in the day and evening.
  50. Make a ‘family tree scrapbook’.

No comments:

Post a Comment